Thursday, May 19, 2011

prompt #3

I used to be a small, chubby, Spongebob crazed boy. Someone obsessed with sports. A boy who didn't have a care in the world.  I wouldn't go anywhere without my parents.  I remember when I was in kindergarden; everyday I would cry and beg for my parents to stay with me and go into the classroom.  Tears would fall from my eyes as if I had seen a dead body.  I was immature like every little kid is, always curious and always making friends with everybody I met.  everyone was nice to me and would reply in a smile or wave, after all I was just a little boy.  Why would anyone have something agains't me?  I didn't know about high school stuff and going through puperty, things like that.  Dealing with social issues and struggles in schools.

I am not a completely different kid, except for the whole Spongebob thing and being obsessed with sports.  I am now much more independent and am almost relieved when my parents leave me to do something without them.  But the changes have been both good and bad. But its much much harder.  School can be a struggle, staying up late studying for a test or spending countless hours trying to finish my homework.  When I was little, the only thing that I would have for homework was to read a book or do a worksheet.  Also, as I get older, I am exposed to much more, fighting and girls.  I have dealt with the obvious things like fitting in and bullying.  Not everyone is friendly to me now like when I was little.  If I were to smile at everyone I see in a day, I bet almost everyone would look at me with an odd face.  Back then, everybody would look at me with a smile.

I want to be a successful man when I grow up.  Someone who lives a great life.  I want to be someone who isn't involved with things like drugs and crime because that can lead you into a life of jail and possibly death.  Why would anybody want that?  I don't expect on being a star athlete like I thought I would be when I was little, but someone who enjoys what they are doing and lives everyday to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment