Sunday, May 15, 2011

prompt #4

During my transition from childhood to adulthood, I have began to notice all the conflicts that I am getting involved in now, especiallu wiith my parents.  When I was a little kid I would want to go everywhere with my parents.  I would cry if they left my sight for a second.  But now as I am growing up, I have grown to be much more independent, I prefer doing things with my friends.  Instead of going out to dinner with my parents, I would want to go to my friends house.  It may be  because I am embarrassed but it could also be that I just find it boring.

I am also held for much more responsibility, making the right choices and keeping up in school.  When I was younger my parents would do so many thigns for me but now I have to do things for myself and learn from it.  It is the right thing to do but it still gets agrivating.  With responsibilities like taking care of my cousin for a while or going to school early to catch up on homework, your life with social life decreases. A lot of my time is involved with school rather than friends or sports.

Another thing that I notice is that, as you get older, you get exposed to many things, both good and bad.  You start to do things to please your friends rather than doing what you really want to do.  You  fall under peer pressure.  But everyone one does; its hard not to.  I just have to not make stupid decisions that can affect my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment